mercedes forums   mercedes forums

Go Back   Mercedes Forum > Mercedes-Benz Forums (Mercedes SUVs) > Mercedes M-Class Forum

Mercedes Forum: how do you reset the dial on a Mercedes Benz ml500 when the wrench shows up?

Old 09-16-2008, 12:09 PM

Default how do you reset the dial on a Mercedes Benz ml500 when the wrench shows up?

I've had the check up for the car, but I didn't take it to a MB dealer and the garage I had it at couldn't reset it.

lose weight
Old 09-16-2008, 12:09 PM

Mercedes is the only one to reset it- After each check up they keep computerized records so that any Mercedes dealers in any country can see what was last repaired, what parts need -mileage recorded and more important the resetting tells them approximately when parts are need to be checked when you should return. Mercedes also sends your post card reminders with heavy discounts attached-( you won't get this from the gas station repair Guy). It is a piece of mind- I just don't keep up with matinence- changing fluids wiper changes -they do-- I have other things in life that I keep up with. I only use Mercedes Dealer -you can void your warranty if you don't you know your parts are authentic. Remember cars don't break down on sunny weekends during the day--but Dark Raining -no one out nights on side streets-highways and only when you are alone! This is why I switched from Jaguar....As as a owner- sometimes its not about the money -but about the service---- They may do you a courtesy reset it ...but they may also say warranty voided--call on the phone first-good luck
Old 09-30-2008, 05:22 AM

Cool Happiness

thanks a lot , bump up up up!!