mercedes forums   mercedes forums

Go Back   Mercedes Forum > Mercedes-Benz Forums (Mercedes SUVs) > Mercedes M-Class Forum

Notices

Mercedes Forum: which is better the mercedes m class, or the porsche cayenne?

Old 10-24-2007, 01:29 PM

Default which is better the mercedes m class, or the porsche cayenne?

the m class models are nice and smoth and i like em but how is the cayenne? i like porsche genreally over benz but have never been in a cayenne. how is it? is it better?
i didnt buy em im 16 my dad works for a luxury dealership and has the priveledge to take out some companty cars.

lose weight
Old 10-24-2007, 01:30 PM

porsche is way better...better style...better class..more horsepower...nicer sound..very smooth ride...everything you want in a car...perfect fit..
Old 10-24-2007, 01:34 PM

Porsche Cayenne
Old 10-24-2007, 01:36 PM

you know what? if you want an suv buy one. if you want a sports car buy one. a sports car/suv will always be a compromise... the jeep srt8 cherokee SMOKES a cayenne turbo and any amg benz KILLS a regular cayenne so decide what it is you want. none of the super fast suv's are worthy of any off road status so get specific and roll with it baby!
Old 10-24-2007, 01:39 PM

Porsche Cayenne - hands down. Have you driven both? What do you like better?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:42 PM

I have never test driven a Cayenne, so I cant compare the ride to the Mercedes but I can say that on paper the MB looks a little better.
The MB has better gas mileage and MB is offering discounted interest rates right now - if you would be financing the vehicle this may help. The main difference I see btwn the two is that the Cayenne has more horsepower.
But for me, an extra 22hp isn't more important than how much I am going to have to pay to fill it up.
Bottom line - you are sooooo lucky that you are able to be able to afford either one of those vehicles.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:50 PM

Porsche Cayenne is the best and I have the 2005 Posche cayenne Turbo S which hits 60 in 5 seconds will do 175 mph and is way better then the M class but lets take it both of them might have all the toys tht an off roader need but they are not very good off roaders because when it comes to a huge rock piece the whole under body gets scratched if you want a real off roader then go for the Legendary Range Rover but still I would never sell my Porsche Cayenne Turbo S cos its my fav and is the worlds fastest.